Monday 27 June 2016

FOOD REVIEW: Trek bars


So from my first bite of the berry brush trek I thought that these bars were a bit unusual, they seems very hard, dense and chewy with a somewhat weak berry flavour. 
Not the nicest. Honestly, I would rather eat a nākd bar or something similar simply because there was no interesting variety in texture to break up the flavour. 

But then... I tried heating it up. I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it actually began to smoke up! I thought it would have been burnt, but it wasn't and once it was a little cooler I loved it; crispy on the outside, soft on the inside it tasted like a brownie. I would 100% recommend heating it up. 


Then came the Cocoa chaos. And I like this one a lot better, not because of the chocolate, because there wasn't really much in the actual bar. But because when microwaved it's crunchier with the soya protein 
But still soft and foamy. 

They seem pretty easy to find too, health food places, Amazon, Morrison's, etc. Either singular or in 4 packs (or on the internet full boxes) 
And as for price these guys are a little more expensive at £1.45 so I only really buy them while on offer but if you like them I recommend buying bulk as it's cheaper in the long run. 

Another thing to note is they are a lot bigger and sturdier than little nākd bars meaning they are higher calorie but also stuffed with protein and other healthy ingredients, both the bars are under 200 calories but some are above. 

Taste-***3/4
Price and accessibility-****
Health rank****
Overall score-****

No comments:

Post a Comment