Thursday 16 June 2016

FOOD REVIEW: m&s fruity tropical fish sweets


I love how M&S always has a good range of vegetarian and vegan foods, although I'd never tried them until today when given them as a present from one of my friends, so obviously, I had to give one a try!

Taste
I actually enjoyed these sweets a lot more than I thought I would, most gummies like wine gums or jelly babies had never really appealed to me that much due to the flavour being a bit too strong for me, however, these sweets have a foamy yet firm texture which balances out the flavour. 
I love the flavours: pink- tropical and green-citrus as well as the soft but chewy texture they have managed a whole packet of the jucy fishes!! 

Rating-*****

Price and accessibility

They seems to be on a couple of website as well as the obvious, M&S, in 70 bags which is a good singular amount compared to the usual large amounts (although for some reason I can't seem to find them on the M&S website) So these sweets decently accessible in the uk at least and on websites like these https://www.britishonlinesupermarket.com/british-store/marks-and-spencer-fruity-tropical-fish-70g.html#bmb=1 selling them for only £1 which for a bag with 20+ sweets I think is quite good. 

Rating: ***1/2

Health rank
So these sweets are pretty low cal, being only 14kcal each, meaning even a whole bag is less than 250kcals. Fat wise their pretty good too being almost as little as 1/100th of you're daily sat-fat. Plus because they're using fruit gelatine there are no animal products making it instantly healthier too! However I cannot give it a 5star as they are still sweets, with quite a lot of sugar, which is good for you. Just don't eat too much. 

Rating: ****1/2

Overall rating: ****1/2

I absolutely look he design on these sweets too, the attention to detail with lips and scales really makes there's things stand out and look kid friendly, but hey, they also made me smile so it's a win win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment