Saturday 18 June 2016

FOOD REVIEW: Rude health, the beetroot

After trying this bar for the first time today, I have have to say I am very presently surprised. Honestly I was a bit worried of the bar being too venerable-y, which I wouldn't have been a fan of. Hoeever I found it to be really nice and am looking forward to trying the other flavours too.

Taste
I'll be first to say that I absolutely love the vibrant pink colour of the bar. I also loved the texture, at first it kind of reminded my of a nākd bar, just squishier and with a bit extra crunch making the rude health bar, in texture, actually better than nākd in my opinion!
For the taste itself I think it's quite nice; very strong, but also sweet. The bar actually has a sort of tang-like after taste which isn't a problem, it just took me by surprise. The nuts in this bar (cashews) add that little extra crunch and flavour. 

Rating-*****

Price and accesebility 
The price is pretty comparable to any other similar bars. Being between 90-99p on average. (H&B-99p morrisons (where I bought mine) only 95p 
As for accesebility they are also much like anything else, health food stores and supermarket ate the most likely places you will find them. 

Rating- ****

Health rank

The first thing that stood out when reading the nutrition online was that there is vertically no sodium! (Less than 0.1g)
They're also very healthy ingredient wise, the bars including no GM, refined sugars or dairy, which to me definitely increase my personal rating of the bar. They're a good fibre source and are only 130kcals to so an excellent snack, I suppose they could be less but when all the ingredients are healthy there should never really be any worry.

Rating- ****

Overall rating- ****1/2

"You're in Rude Health when... you tie dye your t-shirt with beetroot juice" 
Click here  to take you right to the rude health website.


No comments:

Post a Comment