Sunday 10 July 2016

vegan fudge bites: FOOD REVIEW

So I tried some dairy free, vegan 'fudgee bites' today and I must say, they were very, very sugary and sicklier than normal fudge I think as well as almost overly sweet. The vanilla flavour was quite strong too and stuck out well. 
It's described as creamy, like all fudge, however I would more think of the texture as actually kind of a bit grainy like a harder sweet. The outside is actually a bit hard, being difficult to squish with your hand while it's still had an initial softness when you bite into it. Due to the strong nature of the flavours, I wouldn't recommend eating too much, I was satisfied with the 4 small pieces I ate, despite all that it's still not massively filling. 

I think these bites seem pretty easy to find, mine were just at a local medium sized Morrison's. They are a little on the pricy side which is always a bit irritating but if you have a big sweet tooth then I would probably say splash out on the £2.50 or so. However personally I'd made my own in future instead. 

Due to its sweetness it does contain a lot of sugar however the bites are pretty small so you're less likely to eat too much I suppose but it is fudge and it's not going to be 'healthy' but in moderation, 100% fine

Taste-***
Price and accessibility-****
Health rank-**1/4
Overall rating- ***

Not my favourite food I've reviewed as you can see, but not everything can be good, I may start making and reviewing vegan resipies at one point but I'm not sure, for now though I have a couple products that I still need to try. 
Apologies for the inconsistency 

No comments:

Post a Comment