Thursday 7 July 2016

FOOD REVIEW: Tesco sweet potato falafels

The sweet potato element was the first thing that attracted me to the falafels as I love normal ones but had never tried the sweet potato version, I thought since I love the ingredients is love them to however when I saw the 'mild' rating I was worried yet despite their onion bhaji smell, they were hardly spicy at all, until you got to the hot after taste, which had a little kick but for most would probably be fine. 
Really,  the only flavours and textures I could get were sweet potato (chunks), chickpeas and maybe a little bit of onion.
These falafels are a tescos own brand, meaning they're only available in tesco stores or online, though that's still pretty uk accessible and I'm sure if you look there'll be dozens of both recipes and ready to eat brands selling similar products. I think these, and most, tesco vegan freezer items are great due to their low prices, £1.50 a pack (only 12p each!) and how usually there are offers on the veggie items too!

So they might not be the healthiest, being in the "yellow section" for everything but that doesn't make them too bad, mainly veg and part of a meal, perfectly fine and not too high kcal either.

Taste-***3/4
Price and accessibility-****1/2
Health rank-***1/2
Overall rating-****


No comments:

Post a Comment