Sunday 3 July 2016

FOOD REVIEW: Cliff bar-crunchy peanut butter


So today I desired to try a brand new bar, completely different to the other ones I've had, one that seemed pretty commonly loved; a cliff bar. 

The first thing i have to say is that it's so much like a Flapjack with maybe a little Bit of peanut butter but to me it tasted more syrupy. I loved the chewiness and how it went well with the whole peanut bits. 


And as per my addiction, I also put half in the microwave. It was quite unusual in texture while warm; somehow soft and gooey but still crunchy. Another thing to note is that it softened the peanuts too and made them chewier in comparison to before. I recommend warmed it up but then waiting for it too cool down a little for the best consistency. 

The cliff bar was very nice and I did like it, however it was a little plain, not really sticking to its name flavour wise but I would love to try the other flavours, the new coconut one sounds really nice!

I couldn't actually find these bars anywhere at first, I had to actually go to a bigger H&B store and even then there were only original and crunchy peanut butter flavour. So not the best accessibility wise. 

And price wise they were actually £1.79, more that most bars but still ok I suppose. (but is you're looking for a better deal I did find the chocolate almond fudge bar here for only £1 ) 

Now for nutrition, these bars are decently heigh calorie, but they are energy bars so that's understandable and it's not really much different that having most chocolate bars, however most chocolate bars aren't 16% protein and have only 1g sat-fat, these bars are pretty descent, and good as both post or pre workout snacks 

Taste-****
Price and accesebility-***
Health rank-****
Overall rating-***3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment